Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inque Nails Review - Update

Last week I posted my initial reactions to Inque Nail Stickers.  Now for some followup.

I got bored with them after just a day and a half.  They still looked decent, with just a little bit of lifting at the tip which I filed down, but I just though that they needed a little extra "something".




I added some stud-like decals from my stash and threw on some Seche to not only try to keep the decals on, but also maybe protect the tips from further wear/lifting.


Well.... let me tell you, maybe common sense should have told me or I ignored that part of my brain, but vinyl doesn't like to allow polish to adhere to itself.  Also, I don't know if it was the stickers or the topcoat, but there was noticeable lifting at the cuticle area.  And the decals were falling off after only a day, so I just said "screw it" and removed them all.


Also, it felt like I was wearing band aids on my nails.  It was weird.

All in all, they're pretty cool.  I stand by the opinion that they're a novelty and unique in that you can custom create your own designs, but don't think that this will replace nail polish because they're just not nail polish.

That is all for now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment