Monday, November 15, 2010

Off Topic: A Ladies' Night Out - Fairy style!

So....
I try very hard not to have a boring life.
This is some hard evidence.
Don't misquote me.
^_^

I was kinda upset that I would have to miss this year's Fairy Con, so I said, "Hey! Why not have my own??"  Also, the Pirates, Mimes, and Santa's of the world get their own bar crawls, why not the fairies??!   And that's what I tried to do... I made a Facebook event, sent out invites, and sat back and waited until it was time to rock out.

I hit a few snags... Like, once I made the Facebook invite, I could really only invite those on my friends list. Of those ladies, how many would want to don fairy wings for an evening?  Of those ladies on my facebook who were willing to don wings for an evening, how many were actually able to make it out? Of all those lovely ladies who were not only willing to don fairy wings in public but could actually make it, how many would NOT have random emergencies or last minute changes of plans?
Answer #1:  About 20.
Answer #2:  About 5.
Answer #3:  Only 2. Myself included. (And for a hot minute, it looked like I was going to be the only one.)

But you know what?  It was totally worth it.  Emily and I had a great time.
We went to one of our local gay bars, where we were bought our first round by a nice (but VERY SMASHED) gentleman who just bought us the beer on the logic that "IF you really are magical fairies, I wouldn't want to piss you off by NOT buying you a drink!"
[MY KIND OF LOGIC!]

Then we were promptly accosted by several lovely ladies who were there that night to represent the area's transgender community.  And they forced us into a photo shoot.
[And for an attention whore like myself?  It was FABULOUS!]

Okay, I'm done boring you all with only SOME of the details and pfft!  Here are pics:

[Myself, Lisa, Emily]

 
[Lisa, myself, Robyn]

[myself, Lisa, and Emily]

No comments:

Post a Comment